Printer woes

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Tue Oct 18 13:44:11 MST 2005

Robert N. Eaton wrote:

> Some months ago I purchased a Konica-Minolta magicolor 2300 DL at
> Fry's (was cheap then, now even cheaper.) No, it isn't on the Linux
> approved list of hardware, but it appears in the CUPS printer
> database. Its drivers appear in foomatic + foo2zjs (the latter written
> by Rick Richardson, specifically for Minolta printers.)

I have the same printer.. never tried to get it to work with linux..
just set it up as a network printer and let the windows computers do the
printing.
The one thing I hate about it is that it constantly jams unless you
stand there and force feed it.  What a piece of junk.

--
JD Austin
Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC
email: jd at twingeckos.com