Acrobat 7.01 exits immediately

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Mon Oct 17 13:27:06 MST 2005

Hello all:
I recently installed Mandriva 10.2 on my notebook.  It looks nice, and
has some interesting features, but the install hasn't been really
smooth.  Current problem - I downloaded Adobe Acrobat 7.01 for Linux and
installed it.  For some reason, acroread exits immediately when I try to
run it, with no error messages.  On Google I see messages from FC3 users
that blame a security program called SELinux for this problem, but I
don't see SELinux on this install (it's the free version.)  I don't see
anything in the error logs.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Thanks
Vaughn