cox connectivity issue

Dragos Neagu dragos.neagu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 15:14:23 MST 2005

On 10/7/05, ec <eculbert at yahoo.com> wrote:
> A 256k should give 25-28Kb, note the small and the
> large K's. Theory has about 30+Kb. A knoppix d/l on a
> 256k should be 8-9hrs estimated time on the 'download
> manager' screen after a few minutes to smooth out.
> 700Mb of stuff.

Make sure you are referring to the same thing, and be consistent.
I'll have to concur with ec; telecom industry measures in Kilobits
(Kbps) whereas most of your computer measures in Kilobytes (KB/s).
There are 8 bits in 1 byte, so 256Kbps is the same as 32KB/s.

--
-Dragos Neagu <><
"If I have been able to see farther, it was only because I stood on