too many choices (distros)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Oct 5 15:45:04 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 15:26 -0700, Josh Coffman wrote:

> I read an artilce saying they clocked mandriva 2006 at
> 26 seconds for boot. It's got me thinking. Will
> probably try to speed up FC4 before I think too hard
> about it.
----
this quickboot stuff is sort of like Microsoft trickery, load enough of
the authentication system to get user logon to occur before everything
is loaded to give the user impression of fast start. It is all about
impression and not reality.

I think that they had that somewhat working on FC-4 but backed off it
because of other, perhaps more important boot up issues.

Craig

believed to be clean.