Treo 650

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Oct 4 17:40:43 MST 2005

Craig White said:
> Not getting much help on Fedora list
>
> Fedora Core 3
>
> My Kyocera 7135 died - Verizon, believe it or not, replaced my 2 year
> old Kyocera with a Treo 650 (w/ camera) for free. Can't sync with my
> computer though...I have tried with jpilot (normally very easy), pilot-
> xfer (I figure if I can make this work, I can make gpilotd work).
>
> $ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/10-udev.rules
> BUS="scsi", SYSFS{model}="iPod            ", KERNEL="sdp2", NAME="%k",
> SYMLINK="ipod"
>
> BUS="usb-serial",ID="ttyUSB1",NAME="%k",SYMLINK="pilot",MODE="0666"
>
> I press the hotsync button...
>
> $ ls -l /dev/ttyUSB*
> crw-rw----  1 root  uucp 188, 0 Oct  4 17:20 /dev/ttyUSB0
> crw-------  1 craig uucp 188, 1 Oct  4 17:20 /dev/ttyUSB1
>
> [craig at lin-workstation ~]$ ls -l /dev/pilot
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 7 Oct  4 17:20 /dev/pilot -> ttyUSB1
>
> so far so good...
>
> $ pilot-xfer -p /dev/pilot -L
>

>    Listening to port: /dev/pilot
>
>    Please press the HotSync button now...
>    Error accepting data on /dev/pilot
>
> Anyone have suggestions?
>
> Craig

I'll have to check my notes at home.  I am going through this with my
wife's Palm M130.  My search came down to a list of supported Palm devices
in a driver or config file somewhere.  One person had to add their device
to the list in order for it to work.  That's where I quit for the night a
week or so ago.

[rant]
I like Fedora, really.  But, from FC2 on sync with palm devices has been a
broken pain.  It's like they broke it with UDEV and other stuff and no one
knows or cares.  I don't know where in the chain it breaks.  I spent more
than an hour in the #fedora chat with two seemingly knowledgable people
trying to solve my above issue and they were stumped as I was.  USB "sees"
the device, stuff gets generated by UDEV, sync fails.  Argh!
[/rant]

Maybe between the two of us we can get it to work.  I'll look at it again
when I get home.

All input from others is very welcome since I am struggling with this too.

Alan