OT: new car advice

Lyndon Tiu ltiu at alumni.sfu.ca
Tue Nov 22 14:53:01 MST 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:45:11 -0800 (PST) peanutlen at yahoo.com wrote:
> By the way, my accord are automatic. The 5 speed doesn't have the problem.
>   All after 36K miles, but before 72K miles. Honda refuse to admit
> it's defect.
>
>   They did have recall on the 2000 model, but refuse to recall 1998
> model. They want to charge us $3000 to replace it with refurbished
> one,  which is still making cranking noise.
>
>   There are many many people have the same issues. I hate Honda.

I know that many people complained about brake issues on 2004/05 Honda Accords. But I think these people are just stepping on the brakes too hard ... you know, those types that start braking when only 2 car lenghts away ...

But this transmission thing is making me worried cause I have a friend with a 2002 that had a transmission problem but it happened before 36K miles.

Oh well, keep fingers crossed.

--
Lyndon Tiu