What to use instead of Samba?

vodhner at cox.net vodhner at cox.net
Mon Nov 21 12:01:33 MST 2005

Thanks to Dan Lund and Shawn Badger for offering their
smb.conf files for me to try.

Two people have mentioned firewalls.  As I mentioned before, turning off iptables and my windows firewalls was one of the things I tried.  Still, "no path was found".

Shawn wrote:
> ... but since my server is strictly internal
> I am not running iptables on it.

What is "strictly internal"?  You mean that there is *no* connection to the Internet at all?  I didn't know there were any installations like that.   :-)

Or did you mean that your boxes are pretty stealthy?
I'm not running any services to the Net, so those
free probes that web sites offer tell me that I'm
stealthy; but of course I still run firewalls on both
Linux and XP.

I didn't try SWAT.  I don't have a web server running --
does SWAT provide its own http service?

Vic