Last chance failover

Victor Odhner vodhner at cox.net
Sun Nov 20 19:39:58 MST 2005

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> I wonder if at this point it would make sense to get a different
> computer to use as a server.. one that has dual NICs and then
> just get one of those standalone ethernet-to-wireless devices
> (forgetting the term).

If NIC teaming is not an option, then I think you need a computer
at the front end of your network, answering to the IP in question.
It can then proxy or NAT those connections through whatever
channels are available to your "back room".

But if your operations are session oriented, then your applications
are going to have to be able to route connections at the back end,
so that they are talking to the same session even if the route
changes during the session. Making this happen transparently
"out in the cloud" is a little over my head. :-)

Good luck,

Vic