idiot newbie needs help

Richard Villa rcvilla at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 22:59:29 MST 2005

hi.  my name is rich and right now i'm running fedora
core 1 with no problems.    i tried ubuntu but had
internet problems.  i could connect to some sights,
linux-noob, ubuntu, ubuntu forums, but couldn't get
through to yahoo or google or iwon.com.  my isp says
it's a firewall problem and i know i'm running a
firewall because ubuntu installation asked if i wanted
to enable it and i clicked yes.  i just don't know how
to get to it.  any ideas?

rich

ps...i'm coming to the west side meeting tues and am
bringing my box to the install fest.  woo hoo!!!!  i
want to learn everything.