The $100 laptop

Jared Anderson PluggedIn at TheGoldenEdge.Com
Sat Nov 19 11:54:32 MST 2005

KE7FEG wrote:

>.....from a purely dummie persective, I
>had rather use windows as many games/etc wont run on a
>linux machine.....

Games/Etc??  I'm not flaming you, but rather a honest [rhetorical]
question: does the target market of these laptops have any access,
exposure, or dependency to the aforementioned 'Games/Etc'?

Also not a flame, but I must correct an inaccurate statement: MANY
games/etc WILL run on a Linux machine; 'many games/etc wont run' on a
Windows machine, either.  Also in fact, right 'out the box', most Linux
Distros have more 'games/etc' available than the alternative.

The only 'dummie perspective' is the pseudo-dependent perspective of a
society which has made a 'closed standard' the standard.