Mandriva installfest

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 13:26:56 MST 2005

Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com> wrote:  Jason Hayes said:
> Just FYI
>
> Not sure if this had been discussed here. Apologies if this is a
> re-post.
> -------------------
> http://qa.mandriva.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/InstallParty2006
>
> Flash newsletter: Worldwide Mandriva Linux 2006 Install party on
> Saturday 19. Following the release of Mandriva Linux 2006, Mandriva is
> mobilizing its network of Linux User Groups (LUGs). Free community
> installation sessions will take place around the world.
> -------------------
>
> I did not see anything scheduled for Phoenix.

PLUG InstallFests are on the last Saturday of each month.  That would put
this month on the 26th.  I have heard unconfirmed indications that this
date may be changed because of the Thanksgiving holiday.  But, for now, I
assume it will happen.

We must not be in the Mandriva network of LUGs since I hadn't heard about
this until now.  Any Mandriva user/fan is welcome to promote it at the
InstallFest!

Alan

I  read their locations list after I saw this. Utah and Michigan are the  only listed US locations. Obviously, there are lots of locations in  France; hopefully none of them in risk of geting burned (literally).

  I wonder why there aren't more US locations? Mandriva 2006 seems like a good desktop distro, I thought.

Shin zen ni rei
-j
Registered Linux user number 403109