Ubuntu, OEM, and retail linux machines

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 12:47:22 MST 2005

Well, I've not been one who is swooning for Ubuntu, but neither against it either.
  Lately, there's been some interesting news from Ubuntu world though.

  http://business.newsforge.com/business/05/11/15/2130234.shtml?tid=38&tid=2
  http://os.newsforge.com/os/05/11/14/2150221.shtml?tid=152&tid=2

  So I started thinking maybe, just maybe they can break into the windows  market and on retail machines. The more I thought about it, the more I  hope for it. I believe a rising tide floats all ships... as such,  Ubuntu breaking into the windows market would help all other flavors of  linux. Maybe I'm dreaming here, but I think it would be great if people  went to Best Buy or Dell.com and could buy an Ubuntu machine. Am I  dreaming?

  /somebody wake me up, I'm supposed to be working

  -j

Shin zen ni rei
-j
Registered Linux user number 403109