web building software

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 23:09:41 MST 2005

--- Bill <wrpr at cox.net> wrote:

> Before I commit to changing my OS can somebody tell
> me if there is Linux software similar to FrontPage
> for the development and management of a website?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill>

nvu is a web authoring program. eclipse has web
authoring add-ons, and is a pretty nice app too. you
can goto http://gnomefiles.org/ for different linux
apps. some may be gnome only.

I don't know about wysiwyg in linux, but you are
really better getting away from frontpage even if you
stay on windows. Trust me on this one, frontpage is
evil.

So here's where I'm not so popular on this list..
Although linux has got some really nice tools, I
haven't seen anything close to visual studio for
development. so far.

Everything else i do has apps comparable or better
than on windows.

..and if you're looking you're looking to switch to
linux... try Mepis, Fedora, Mandriva, or (Open) Suse.
Far be it from me to push you in any direction.
/wispers don't use ubuntu.... *cough* try fedora
*cough* or mepis ahem... must have a frog in my
throat. =)