open source security courseware?

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Jul 26 16:57:46 MST 2005

Jeremy C. Reed said:
> Does anyone know of any open source security courseware?
>
> I know that "security" is a skill that should be taught for all sysadmin
> tasks, but I am looking for free to commercially use and modify and
> distribute courseware that focuses on security techniques and security
> tools for Linux (and *BSD and generic).
>
> Some google searches didn't find any open source security courseware. (I
> have found and reviewed a few open source sysadmin coursewares.)

Reading this question, I immediately thought of the MIT open courseware.
I did a check in the computer stuff and hit this one:

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Electrical-Engineering-and-Computer-Science/6-857Fall2003/CourseHome/index.htm

You may want to look around at what else might be there.  I also did not
check the licensing for these materials.  It may not be compatible with
your planned use.  But it may.

Alan