Ghost equivalent for Linux

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jul 14 04:09:54 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 03:11 -0700, augie wrote:
> Hey Pluggers,
> Anyone know of a program that'll clone a hd like ghost? I'm trying to clone a
> hd that has xp on another box and then install linux to have a dual boot
> system or do I need to step away from the crack pipe?
> Has anybody done this before? Any pointers?
----
I would still recommend that you step away from the crack pipe...

http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/

I don't think that ghosting is a way to do a dual boot system. It's
possible but you have to be careful. Also, you would have to manually
fix the boot mechanisms afterward. I would just use installer disks for
Linux after already having WinXP installed on a partition that is less
than the total size of the HD, thus leaving room for Linux.

Craig