Ubuntu install problem

Bart Garst bartgarst at cox.net
Tue Jul 12 10:19:07 MST 2005

Vaughn Treude wrote:
> (Excuse the weird format, I forwarded the message that bounced earlier.)
>
> On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 21:46, Vaughn Treude wrote:
>
>>Hello everyone!
>>
>>I'm glad to report that I finally got that troublesome machine running
>>(it was indeed the CPU, as someone suggested) and I got Ubuntu installed
>>and running on it.  I'm a bit new to the Debian side of the Linux world,
>>and I'm having a little trouble with this apt-get stuff.
>>
>>Specifically:
>>I need some version of emacs!!!

Try `apt-cache search emacs | less`.

This should give you a boat-load of results for emacs. One of which was
'emacs21'.

Install that package with `apt-get install emacs21`.

I'm using the debian repositories so your results may vary.

If you are also using the debian repositories, you can search for
packages via the debin home page:
  http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

HTH
Bart