RHEL package list

Bart Garst bartgarst at cox.net
Wed Dec 28 19:53:36 MST 2005

Craig White wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 18:19 -0700, Bart Garst wrote:
>
>>I'm looking for a web page that lists the packages (and version numbers)
>>that ship with RHEL.
>>
>>I haven't had much luck via google or redhat,com. Anyone know where I can
>>find this information?
>
> ----
> Not sure what you are looking for. As Jeremy suggests, you can
> see/download the SRPMS but that doesn't suggest the binary packaging
> which is different.

The SRPMs aren't quite enough as multiple binary RPMs can be built from
some of them. For example: expat-xxx.src.rpm will build
expat-xxx.i386.rpm & expat-devel-xxx.i386.rpm. I was hoping to find a
list of what is on the CDs.

> You can look at CentOS 4 which is pretty much the same but with some
> specific differences, such as...
> - addition of yum which is more effective than up2date
> - supports more hardware (i586 for example)
> - has CentOS Plus repository which enables/offers things that aren't
>   offered by Red Hat such as disabled kernel modules
>
> CentOS 4.2 (current) rpms can be looked at here...
> http://mirrors.easynews.com//linux/centos/4/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/

This link is quite helpful. It can at least get me close to where I want
to be.

Thanks for the help guys,
Bart