RHEL package list

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Dec 28 18:41:58 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 18:19 -0700, Bart Garst wrote:
> I'm looking for a web page that lists the packages (and version numbers)
> that ship with RHEL.
>
> I haven't had much luck via google or redhat,com. Anyone know where I can
> find this information?
----
Not sure what you are looking for. As Jeremy suggests, you can
see/download the SRPMS but that doesn't suggest the binary packaging
which is different.

You can look at CentOS 4 which is pretty much the same but with some
specific differences, such as...
- addition of yum which is more effective than up2date
- supports more hardware (i586 for example)
- has CentOS Plus repository which enables/offers things that aren't
  offered by Red Hat such as disabled kernel modules

CentOS 4.2 (current) rpms can be looked at here...
http://mirrors.easynews.com//linux/centos/4/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/

Also note that RHEL is by nature an Enterprise distribution and doesn't
include some popular packages that they have no intentions of supporting
but can be had from other repositories using yum, apt (on the way out?)
and smart.

See RPM Forge repository for other packages...

http://rpmforge.net/user/packages/

Craig