local pc deals

FoulDragon at aol.com FoulDragon at aol.com
Thu Dec 22 13:34:47 MST 2005

In a message dated 12/22/2005 1:21:27 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
hh at hayz.ws writes:

>If you're really cheap, you can probably find a new CPU fan for free in
>an old system. Or you could buy one retail for under $25. My old
>wholesale suppliers in Calgary are selling P4 CPU fans for $11 - $60.
>They couldn't be that much more here.

Well, I think he reads it as a "sign from above" it's time to retire the
system.

If it's like a Socket 370 system, remember:  Socket 7, Socket 370, and Socket
A all use the same heatsinks; for best compatibility, seek one which uses
only the centre ridge on the socket to clip to.  It might be hard to find a
specifically-marked-as-such Socket 370 or 7 sink these days.