Using Konqueror for FTP (was Re: GNOME vs. KDE)

Jason Hayes hh at hayz.ws
Wed Dec 14 12:57:37 MST 2005

Ric is correct,

The proper formation of the ftp URL will look like this

ftp://yourusername:yourpassword@tigerflag.com  or

ftp://yourusername:yourpassword@ftp.tigerflag.com

Konqueror then truncates the password and turns it into the format that
Ric used.

One other thing you can check is that your username may be
"username at tigerflag.com". Some hosting accounts require you to add the
domain name as well because they host several accounts on one server and
need the domain name to figure out what directory they are sending ftp
requests to.

Jason