Seeking Advice: Laptop/Notebook

jerry davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Fri Dec 9 19:08:48 MST 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 12:32 pm, Dudley, Sean M wrote:
> We're thinking of buying either a laptop or notebook PC.  Right now
> we're eyeing up the Fujitsu Stylistic and Fujitsu Lifebook.
>
> I can't seem to find any decent reviews.  Has anyone used either of
> these or both?  Any horror stories to share?  I'm leaning toward the
> Lifebook right now since it acts as a laptop and a tablet.

Well, I had one made at a PC fix-it store.
Got a Spartan.

What I specified was a Intel Pentium M processor with a ipw2200: (Intel
PRO/Wireless 2915ABG)

Almost everything works - except for a internal to the bloard SD Card Reader,
for which there are no specs for. Big deal. If I want a SD card reader I will
buy one that goes to the USB.

Everything else worked right out of the box with Mandriva 2005.

Jerry

> Any other recommendations for an on-the-go all-purpose device for
> note-taking, email, etc?
>
> Either way this is a pretty hefty investment, so I appreciate any
> feedback or insight.
>
> Sean

Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

Today's Fortune: On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.
		-- Cartoon caption