acrobat 7?

KE7FEG eculbert at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 09:19:46 MST 2005

Just in case you didn't know (I didn't). This is from
the qrp-l list. (low power cw radio).

Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 18:00:49 -0700
From: "Karl F. Larsen" <k5di at zianet.com>
Subject: [QRP-L] OT: For linux users
To: QRP-L <qrp-l at mailman.qth.net>

    I wanted the latest Adobe Acrobat for, of course
Linux. I'm using
Red Hat Fedora Core 2 so a RPM version is best. I went

to Google and put
in Acrobat and up came several web pages and I tried 2

and both wanted a
few dollars to download version 7. Then I got smart
and put in Google
Acrobat, Linux and up came new web pages. I took the
Adobe page and it
came up asking what Linux I have and told it and it
said rpm or .tgz and
I said rpm.

    Version 7 for linux is 34 megabytes so it takes a
while to download
but it did get here and as root I did a

       #rpm -i Acrobat....

and it was installed. I found the starter under Office

and it came up
and is really impressive. I printed out a new book on
bash programming
and it worked fine. It seems to be a lot better than
the older version 4
which was the latest they had for unix.

72 Karl K5DI

Remeber Katrina?
For several days, only amateur radio ops could get out,
and talk to others.
No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee
New hand helds start at about $85 and up for single band transcievers
at many dealers, just fyi.

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.
Complete functional operating systems free if downloaded.