Linux mail lists vs the others

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Aug 30 18:51:44 MST 2005

Have an ongoing networking/dns issue with new Tiger OSX (Macintosh). I
asked OSX-Users List and now 26 hours later, not a single bite. This is
a rather lame list that would prefer to discuss useless Tiger Dashboard
widgets.

Have an ongoing networking/Windows scripting issue on Windows XP SP2
firewall and not at all wanting to wear out samba/RHEL/CentOS mail lists
with Windows specific questions, I asked WinNT-L mail list. I did get 2
bites, both unqualified network administrators that were conforted by
the reassurance that their inept administration was shared by the other
- alas not a single answer that was meaningful.

These are pretty core issues - if I had a similar issue with Linux, I'd
have gotten 30 responses by now.

just thought I would toss out how comparatively well things are working
in the open source world.

Craig