parental control / web filter

Craig Brooksby rcbrxb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:44:37 MST 2005

Josh:

In the Windows world, I subscribed to CyberPatrol
(http://www.cyberpatrol.com/) and was very happy with it.  Their
blacklists are maintained by real people.  You can set the filter per
user (kids vs. adults).

Privoxy seems to get a lot of mentions.  I don't claim to understand
it.  Check it out.  (http://www.privoxy.org/)

And on a related note, here's something I think is cool:  A DVD player
+ filters that you can rent any DVD and after downloading their
filter, tune the movie to your preferences.  ("No F- or S-words, no
violence, no sex" etc.)  Voila.  Your own "Edited for TV" version of
any movie  (except the South Park Movie, I presume).

http://www.clearplay.com/

In other words:  I just want the story, not bedroom gymnastics that do
nothing for the plot.  (Now if they only had a "no hollywood cliches"
filter.)

Just tossing that in, in case anyone else is interested.  HTH

And if you like 30-second movies re-enacted by bunnies:
http://www.angryalien.com/  (scroll down)