GNU\Linux Portable MP3/OGG Player & Music Service (Recommendations)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Aug 30 09:28:03 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 09:12 -0700, Derek Neighbors wrote:

> > However, they don't play Ogg Vorbis files and likely never will.  And they are
> > consistently more expensive than the competition.  Honestly, if I wasn't an
> > iTunes and Audible user, I would likely have picked something else.
> >

> I ended up with an iPod as I just couldn't resist the rave reviews
> those close to me were giving them.  I am sure I could have gotten
> something cheaper and with better specifications.  However, I think
> that the interface and usability on the iPod just crushes the
> competition.  Combined with the iTrip it is my new best friend.  I
> have moderately given up on OGG as most of my cd's were ripped long
> ago in MP3 format any how.  As I get older I am less idealistic and
> more interested in things "just working". :)
----
say it ain't so. Not Derek

I broke down on Sunday too. Club Mac <http://www.clubmac.com> has HP
iPods (refurbished) real cheap - yes, I know that HP is bailing. 20Gb is
$199 and 60Gb is like $269 - I think they sold out of 40Gb.

Over the weekend they also ran a 10% off deal which brought the 20Gb
down to $180 and I took the bait.

Craig