firefox chrome problem

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Aug 29 13:56:14 MST 2005

moin, moin,

actually, I figured it out, but since google didn't turn up anything
usefull I thought I'd post it somewhere that'd get archived :).

I tried to open my preferences, but got the following error.

###
XML Parsing Error: syntax error
chrome://browser/content/pref/pref.xul
Line Number 1, Column 7:

root[prefattribute] = prefvalue;
###

Trying to open about:config also gave an error.

I had forgotten that I'd updated firefox yesterday. Quitting and
restarting firefox fixed the problem.

Thankfully I use SessionSaver, so I got back all the tabs I'd had open.

This is on debian, but the distro is probably irrelevant.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to
#  see it tried on him personally. -- Abraham Lincoln