land line converter

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Sat Aug 27 02:33:49 MST 2005

der.hans wrote:

>moin, moin,
>
>anyone have a spare land line converter ( PSTN card for a home telephone
>) that I can borrow for a couple of days? I might be able stop by the
>InstallFest tomorrow.
>
>Any local stores that carry them?
>
>I presume we can't just use a normal 56k modem...
>
>What was the hardware site JD mentioned? VoiP<something>...
>
>The TDM400P cards will allow listening on a land line and ringing
>different analog phones?
>
>http://store.yahoo.com/asteriskpbx/noname.html
>
>I would need an FXS port for the land line and one FXO port for each end
>line I want?
>
>ciao,
>
>der.hans

For a single line you can use a X100P card for inbound and outbound
calling (it won't make a phone ring though).
I don't think digium still makes the X100P, but there are a lot of
clones out there.
I have one you can borrow (X100P).
http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=product_category&category=hardware
Other devices that you can hook to asterisk can be found here:
http://voipsupply.com
Sipura and Polycom devices seem to work well.

With any of those cards it's wise to disable any onboard devices that
you can.
If the X100P or TDM400 card shares an IRQ with something else you can
have issues with echo and such.
Also sometimes sound card devices are set to record by default and can
cause echo too.

You could spend all week reading info here:
http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php
http://voip-info.org/tiki-searchresults.php?words=asterisk&where=pages&search=go
http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=123387

JD