DBD::Pg and RHEL AS release 4

Francois, Jean (J.L.) jfranc46 at ford.com
Mon Aug 22 10:56:36 MST 2005

ORIG>-----Original Message-----
ORIG>From: plug-discuss-bounces at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
ORIG>[mailto:plug-discuss-bounces at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us] On
ORIG>Behalf Of June Tate
ORIG>Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 1:43 PM
ORIG>To: Main PLUG discussion list
ORIG>Subject: Re: DBD::Pg and RHEL AS release 4
ORIG>
ORIG>
ORIG>On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 10:39:14AM -0700, Kevin Brown wrote:
ORIG>> June Tate wrote:
ORIG>> >Hey folks,
ORIG>> >
ORIG>> >Got a good question for those of you who know RHEL AS:
ORIG>is DBD::Pg
ORIG>> >officially supported in RHEL (ie: on the CD)? I've been
ORIG>doing Google
ORIG>> >searches for over 30 minutes now trying to find out,
ORIG>but I usually end
ORIG>> >up with useless results.
ORIG>> >
ORIG>> >Any help is appreciated. =o)
ORIG>>
ORIG>> perl -MCPAN -e shell;
ORIG>> install DBD::Pg
ORIG>
ORIG>As nice as that is (and as easy as it is to use that at a smaller
ORIG>corporate level), I can't do that here. We need something that is
ORIG>precompiled as an RPM and officially supported in the RHEL
ORIG>distribution -- corporate policy forces us to do this.
ORIG>
ORIG>On my own boxes, I wouldn't have even asked this question,
ORIG>but being a
ORIG>large, multinational corporation tied up in red
ORIG>bueracratic tape, it
ORIG>would fly about as well as a bowling ball. =op
ORIG>
ORIG>--
ORIG>June Tate * http://www.theonelab.com * june at theonelab.com

It is supported and should be available from RedHat as listed here:
http://www.centos.org/docs/3/release-notes/as-x86/RELEASE-NOTES-U4-x86-e
n.html

--
JLF Sends...
Jean Francois, Linux Server Engineering/EE