voice auto response

kallen3 kallen3 at icircus.net
Thu Aug 11 19:11:42 MST 2005

I wonder if anyone have any suggestions. I am looking for a way where I
can set up a system to make outbound phone calls to my customers to
advised them of when to expect a route person for a service request.
Currently I do this by having the operators who took the request to call
the customer back and to advise them of the status of their request and
when they can expect the service person. However this is eating up a lot
of time and is backing up incoming calls something fierce. What I am
looking for is the type of system I came across when I called for road
service through my insurance company. The operator took all of the
information and then advised me I would be called back with an eta.
Within 20 minutes an automated system called me back told me who will be
coming out and when to expect them. I have looked at the commercially
available systems and the 5 figure price tag for the base system is
awful steep. I then looked at the open source solutions and came across
a few that may meet my needs including gnuDialer. does any have any
other suggestions that may also work. All I'm looking for is to step up
a few boxes with 4 or 5 modems each  program the  outbound messages and
then pick up the names and numbers to call  from my database . Any
suggestions?

And no this is not for telemarketing of any type :)  people will only be
called in response to an incoming call