Data Modeling tools

Ted Gould plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
29 May 2003 22:58:48 -0700

--=-dSh5X5kwpqD/HMZKx/Jz

I would still say that Dia isn't as smooth as Visio, but it's the best
open source utility for this kind of stuff that I've found.  For the
most part, anything that I can do in Visio I can do in Dia (minus the
nifty database backend stuff).

If you haven't tried Dia 0.91 you might look at that, there have been
several cleanups on the UI, and it is now GTK 2.0.  I personally like it
better than older versions.  It is starting to become more GNOME HIG
compliant.

As a FYI, there are quite a few tools that will turn Dia files into
other 'stuff'.  Just guessing at what you are doing, but there is a
dia2sql script out there...

		--Ted