Solaris

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 25 May 2003 18:25:34 -0700 (MST)

I have not taken delivery yet but I am getting excited. I understand tht it is
a single cpu 200 Mhz chip. Can you install an os on sun machines the same way
you install on x86? Or is it in some fugly apple-like manner?

Is solaris 9 like linux that it can run on anything (no matter how slow), or is
it like windows that I would take a major speed hit with the upgrade?