strange php on debian

Brian Tafoya plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 8 May 2003 19:46:19 -0700 (MST)

I would highly recommend installing PHP 4.3 from source...
www.apachetoolbox has a really cool script driven installer for
Apaache/PHP/MySQL with all the mod_ goodies you can choose from, and is
all source code based.

Brian Tafoya
VP of IT
Smart Guys Computing
http://www.sgcaz.com

On 8 May 2003, Bill Warner wrote:

> I am working on setting up a php apache mysql debian box for a friend.
> I am not a php programmer but there is something strange going on.  On a
> machine with php 4.1.7 compiled from source the
> require_once("file.db.php");
> works but useing the debian package it doesn't seem to work right.
> unless it has only one dot in the file name like:
> require_once("filedb.php");
> is this a php compile option of some kind?  This just doesn't seem
> right.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about.
>
> Thanks

believed to be clean.