how to patch this?

swiver plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 8 May 2003 22:20:05 -0700

I applied the wrong patch and I got the rejects, then I applied the right
patch and it "reversed" the prior patch.  On the reverse I got rejected
lines too.  I guess that is a good thing.

Wow, this is gettin' nasty.

I gonna ASSUME that the patch is ok and move on to the next problem.  if the
whole thing doesn't work, i'll begin again.

i found the kernel source at redhat.  rpm -ivh kerne*

and now i have a new *2.4.2 directory under /usr/src.  In that dir is a
sub-dir called */kernel.  In THAT dir are bunch of .c files, such as acct.c,
capability.c, context.c, .depend, and dma.c.

i pointed the make config script at this */kernel dir and it the script is
rejected it. have i pointed it to the right place?  If not, what does a
kernel source look like?  Is it one file or many?