X sync rate

Fri, 2 May 2003 15:31:46 -0700 (MST)

Am 02. May, 2003 schw=E4tzte Deepak Saxena so:

> Minimal or maximum? 60Hz is pretty damn slow and if that's the max
> it can do, pushing it too high could hurt the monitor.

Actually, he wants it higher, but it seems to be stuck at 60. Know how to
find out what it really is? The current idea is to peg it to something
higher than 60 and get rid of his headache :).

> When you run XConfigurator or whatever the RH equivalent is, you
> should be able to tell it that you have a "generic" monitor
> which is basically the entry for a cheap 60Hz monitor or just
> tell it have custom monitor and you should be able to force it
> to 60.

He thinks his config is correct, but it's still too slow.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  ... make it clear I support "Free Software" and not "Open Source",
#  and don't imply I agree that there is such a thing as a
#  "Linux operating system". - rms