X11 hell

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:23:48 -0500

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 11:13:32AM -0700, Austin Godber wrote:
/_6.) delete any links to things like S80xdm or S82gdm or S84kdm
/_    (what numbers they are doesn't matter just the ?dm part)
/_7.) check /etc/rcS.d for the same guys and remove
/_
/_Basically I cant remember where they were because I deleted them :)
/_

I little trick a Sun guy taught me years ago: Rename the links
to begin with a lower case "s" rather than the upper "S".
Startup will ignore lowercase s's and only look for the symlinks
with an upper case.

I too used to delete such links to resolve various issues, until
I wished I had them back.

-Mike