new Red Hat coming

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:46:27 -0700 (MST)

Lynn David Newton said:
> Has anyone heard about what's happening in this
> version? I'm surprised they're going straight from 8.0
> to 9.0.

http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=3119 should give you some
information about the release.

> I like to keep up with the latest, and realize there is
> some risk involved in going to a dot-zero release,
> which I'm normally willing to accept, come what may.
> But after the last RH release, I've understandably got
> my guard up.

I still dont see how people keep red hat up to date reasonably without
purchasing some service to make doing so reasonable.

I know people cry that Debian is stale, but if you know where to get
sources.list lines generally you can find bleeding edge everything.
http://www.apt-get.org is now around to help make people not in the know,
more informed on how to get current packaging while staying on the stable
version of Debian.

-Derek