new Red Hat coming

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:56:10 -0700

I got mail from Red Hat today indicating version 9 is
coming up in about a week -- the first I'd heard of it
(because I don't keep track).

Has anyone heard about what's happening in this
version? I'm surprised they're going straight from 8.0
to 9.0.

I got stung by 8.0 worse than by any other dot-zero
release of any software I've ever loaded. Although
there are definitely some nice things in 8.0, I also
unquestionably lost functionality -- things I depended
on. After some time fussing with it all, I finally gave
up, and have limped along without those features ever
since.

I like to keep up with the latest, and realize there is
some risk involved in going to a dot-zero release,
which I'm normally willing to accept, come what may.
But after the last RH release, I've understandably got
my guard up.

Meanwhile, I've gone over the wall ... to my left sits
my new (about three weeks) iMac, which I use as an
auxiliary machine (for my family, but I use it for
various tasks during the day). Very sweet.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ