Boot record

Mark Phillips plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:02:36 -0700

These are the steps I followed:

1. Started with a 30 GB hard drive with one partition with win2k
2. Used Partition Magic to split the 30 GB drive into 2 equal partitions
(one primary and one logical or extended). The primary partition contains
the existing win2k, the logical partition is for Linux.
3. Partition Magic prompted me to create a swap partition, and I took the
space from the Linux partition. At this point, I have one primary
partition, 15 GB, as FAT32 and one extended partition with 15 GB. The
extended partition contains a 650 MB swap partition and a 14.350 GB
partition as ext2.
4. I installed BootMagic to dual boot between windows and Linux
5. Rebooted after the partitioning was done
6. Rebooted with the Mandrake CD. It found the Linux partition and swap
partition, formatted them, and installed the OS without a problem.

I hope this helps!

Mark Phillips
Phillips Marketing, Inc.
mark@phillipsmarketing.biz
480 945-0798
480 945-9197 fax

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message,
however, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.