Questions regarding Knoppix

Bill Jonas plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:47:24 -0700

--YB12yukDSDS6vHSd

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 04:18:05PM -0700, Mark Phillips wrote:
> "(Oh, BTW ... your dd command above has bsQ2 in it ... that should be bsQ=
2 )"
> It seems to me that bsQ2 is the same as bs2Q???

Hmm.  Adding a space in between each character, i get "b s =3D 5 1 2".
Interesting.  51 is the ASCII value of 'Q', expressed in hexadecimal.
It would seem that your mailer is improperly interpreting '=3D51' as an
escape sequence and decoding it.

--=20
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step
into the Road,  and if you don't keep your feet,  there  is  no knowing
where you might be swept off to."  --  Bilbo Baggins

--YB12yukDSDS6vHSd

--YB12yukDSDS6vHSd--