Mail Scanning and Anti Virus

Patrick Fleming EA plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:07:19 -0700 (MST)

I currently use Clam and Amavis in conjuction with sendmail. The most
difficult part was getting it configured right. The most current version
didn't want to build and I ended up using the most recent one behind that
at the time. Tracking down all the helper programs took some time as well.
Clam/Amavis wants ZOO Unrar and a bunch of other unpacking utilites that I
did not have installed. In addition, I had to download and install a bunch
of perl modules.

As far as day to day use I have no complaints. The only minor complaint
might be the number of viruse definitions, especially the newer ones,
compared to PC-Cillin (in use on my Windows box) I have had a couple of
viruses sneak by into my in box. But so far no infections running Redhat.