Fw: Attack of the Killer RIAA FUD App (Was Re: know people in .ut.us?)

Bill Lindley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:37:02 -0700

A great part of the indifference to illegally copying commercial
software stems from the scofflaw attitude perpetuated by speeding on our
roadways.

There is no reason that if 99% of cars on I-10 are speeding, that every
one of them should not get a ticket.  I'd like to see magnetic loops and
cameras used for this purpose -- one every mile.  Send those speeders a
hefty ticket at the end of the month and we could reverse the State
deficit... Maybe I should write my Senator...

But seriously, it is the law.  Just because "everyone does it" doesn't
make it safe, or right.

Same with installing one CD of Windows on ten computers at the office.

We with principles have to explain to our clients that we simply can't
support them unless they abide by Microsoft's usurous license terms.
That's the only way they will understand the cost and time savings of
Free Software.

\\/

p.s., I've even been told I should get a ticket if I'm the only driver
on the road obeying the speed limit.  These must be the folks who want
to criminalize Linux.