Kernel 2.4.21

Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:08:07 -0700 (MST)

Am 17. Jun, 2003 schw=E4tzte Richard L. Proctor so:

> > > Good. Red Hat and SuSE uninstall the current kernel, so if the new ke=
rnel
> > > doesn't work you have an unbootable system.
> >
> > ----
> > dunno about SuSE
> >
> > RedHat most assuredly doesn't 'uninstall' any kernels - that bungling i=
> > left entirely to the user.
>
> SuSE keeps the previous kernel configuration as well.  I have no don't kn=
ow
> where they get these ideas.

I've updated kernels on SuSE and RedHat recently. For both dists the new
kernel ( different kernel version ) conflicted with the installed kernel an=
wanted the installed kernel removed prior to installing.

Maybe I was misusing rpm.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  When you are tired of choosing the lesser of two evils,
#  Vote Cthulhu for President!