Tired of Being Screwed By Cox (no pun intended)

Eric Lee Green plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
17 Jun 2003 16:36:40 -0700

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 15:21, Eric Thelin wrote:
> It was submitted to slashdot and here by a co-worker of mine.  He is
> angry because cox is not only blocking port 25 but also adding relay
> filters to only allow email sent with the from address set to use your
> cox.net address.

Ouch, now *THIS* is new. I could put eric@badtux.org in my From: line
all I wanted after they first started blocking outgoing port 25. I'm not
sure I ever even knew what my cox.net address was, because I never used
it.

But what the hey, they're basically a monopoly -- the only provider of
low-cost high speed Internet in the Valley -- so they can do whatever
they want to do. (And spare me the silliness about DSL, DSL is neither
low cost nor, in most cases, high speed, e.g. I'm paying twice as much
for DSL for 1/3rd the incoming bandwidth, albeit 5 times the outgoing
bandwidth, but outgoing bandwidth isn't what most people are interested
in...).

--
Eric Lee Green <eric@badtux.org>   http://www.badtux.org
Unix/Linux/Storage software engineer searching for employment...