networking problem

Frank Mandato plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
12 Jun 2003 21:32:06 -0700

  Quick question on RH9. I am unable to get connectivity from my home
network to the internet.

  I added FORWARD_IPV4=true to the /etc/sysconfig/network file, however,
when I run the command: cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward, the value
returned it 0, when it should be 1.

  eth0 is connected to my cable modem, eth1 is connected to my lan and
correctly configured, as are my windows boxen behind my router.

  Anyone have any ideas what went wrong?

  All the other network files seem to be ok, the /etc/hosts,
/etc/resolve.conf all have the appropriate stuff in there according to
the RH manuals, as well as the iptables website.

  TIA

  FrankM