project suggestions

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:25:14 -0700 (MST)

Am 10. Jun, 2003 schw=E4tzte Mike Starke so:

> I have a client/friend who owns a plumbing/fixture supply
> business. He is in the process of moving to another building
> because of his growth/success. His entire business operates
> on thousands and thousands of Excel spreadsheets. Every time
> you go to sell a fixture(s) a spreadsheet is created from a template,
> and that becomes the scratch sheet for a bid, then the invoice.
> It really is ugly.
>
> He knows it is time to consider other options before this
> system implodes on itself.
>
> Personally, I would like to see a PostGreSQL or MySQL backend
> to either a Perl or PHP web interface. We are wide open for suggestions.
> This includes commercial software as well.

We've already had a strong showing for GNUe, which I also recommend.

Another Phoenix-based project is from Robert over at Walt's TV. I think the
system he's planning will have many things in common with what your client
needs. Yes, I've recommended that Robert talk to Derek about using GNUe
rather than PHP and PostgreSQL as he's currently planning :).

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans