Tricky routing/vpn question

Tony Wasson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 11:16:01 -0700

> Or at least, *I* am stuck.  Can anybody think of a way that I can do
> some sort of redirection or port forwarding on my Windows box that
> would allow me to access the VPN from Linux?

Windows 2000 could certainly do this with multiple NICs and routing enabled.
You could also 'hack' this up using Internet Connection Sharing on a Windows
box and a second NIC if you already use DHCP in your network. Directly connect
your 'preferred' box to the Windows box with a crossover cable so that this
DHCP doesn't escape onto the network.

1) Add a second IP address to your Linux/Mac in the 192.168.0.x subnet
2) Make 192.168.0.1 the gateway for the remote VPN subnet or device
(This ensures normal traffic is unaffected)
3) Connect and enjoy!