IDE RAID

Francois, Jean (J.L.) plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:08:13 -0400

I've had good luck with controllers from here for a few years now.

http://www.3ware.com/

JLF Sends...
Jean L. Francois - Enterprise Linux Architect
FSIC - Ford Systems Integration Center
"Failure is only postponed success as long as courage 'coaches' ambition.
The habit of persistence is the habit of victory."

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay [mailto:jay@edgeos.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 12:33 AM
To: PLUG Discuss
Subject: IDE RAID

Has anyone used any of the *hardware* IDE RAID controllers under Linux?
I'm looking at ones from Promise and Adaptec. Thoughts? I basically want
to do a simple RAID mirror of two IDE drives, but I don't want to do
software RAID - I want "real" hardware RAID that is 100% transparent to
the OS. Any thoughts?

~Jay

--

== Jay Jacobson