Website

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:00:54 -0500

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 11:41:40PM -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
/_The DNS was to blame.  On top of that, the guy managing the DNS was on
/_vacation for the last half of May.  He wanted to spend time with his family,
/_imagine that!  So, when the IP of the DNS server got changed (I understand
/_that is what happened) he was not there to attend to it right away.
/_
/_He has apologized publicly at tonights Devel meeting and was publicly trounced
/_for his ill arranged priorities.  I mean, who would ever put family ahead of
/_PLUG?  ;^)
/_
/_I think things are smooth now.  Please let the group know when you see
/_something amiss.

My comment was certainly not a "trounce" on any "ill arranged priorities".
I am the first drop what I am doing for family, and support those who do.
I am more concerned about the perception we leave when the site is down
regardless of what the issue is. Not sure how an IP can "change", if that was the case,
but maybe we should look at why and working to ensure it does not happen again.

Again, I never intended to appear as if I was beating on someone, it is the perception
we leave when it is down.

-mike