Website

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 23:41:40 -0700

On Monday 02 June 2003 19:44, Linux Lover wrote:
> What has been up with PLUG's website? It is down far more than it is up.
> One would think that it was running on IIS.

The host is not to blame, as David pointed out.

The DNS was to blame.  On top of that, the guy managing the DNS was on
vacation for the last half of May.  He wanted to spend time with his family,
imagine that!  So, when the IP of the DNS server got changed (I understand
that is what happened) he was not there to attend to it right away.

He has apologized publicly at tonights Devel meeting and was publicly trounced
for his ill arranged priorities.  I mean, who would ever put family ahead of
PLUG?  ;^)

I think things are smooth now.  Please let the group know when you see
something amiss.

Alan