redhat network problems

Stephen Andert plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:57:54 -0700

Brian,

I need to apologize for my windows-speak.  It looks like you did figure out
that I really meant ifconfig not ipconfig.

1. In REN's hostfile, I would take ren off the localhost line and create
another line with his real IP address.

2. REN's gateway should be set to the IP address of your cable modem

3. STIMPY's gateway should be set to the IP address of your cable modem

In order to clarify your earlier post, you said you were able to ping from
one to the other (PC's) right?  Are you pinging by name or address?
If you can ping, try telnet and post the results.

Good luck
Stephen